Our business started in 1979 as Dan’s Solar Supply when Dan Bengel, with the help of his wife Joann, began installing solar heating units. To further meet their customer’s needs they became an authorized heating and cooling dealer and installer. The company name was changed to Enercon Systems, Incorporated.
As Enercon Systems, Inc. grew, Dan and Joann’s son Nick was naturally included in their successful business. The experience Nick gained led to his earning a degree from Ferris State University’s HVAC&R program. Nick and Dan helped Enercon Systems, Inc. to grow into the 1990’s by offering great products and great service.
On January 1, 1998, Nick purchased the business. To reflect the new ownership, Enercon Systems Inc. was renamed ESI. Today, ESI continues to proudly offer our customers top of the line equipment and service. Our highly qualified team of individuals has now spent nearly 30 years servicing Portland and the surrounding communities. We take pride in our constant demand for quality and in the personal relationships we develop with our customers.
To ensure the customer is always getting the very highest quality, we stress the importance of and demand that our employees are all highly certified and trained in their field.
Among our company’s qualifications are:
- Better Business Bureau of West Michigan
- Home Builders Association of Greater Lansing
- Home Builders Association of Michigan
- National Association of Home Builders
- Greater Lansing Remodelers Council
- Portland Area Chamber of Commerce
- Green Built Michigan
- HERS (Home Energy Savings) Ratings
- NATE (North American Technician Excellence
- VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) Men’s Auxiliary